Installing Mach5 Search on Google Cloud with Cloud Storage Bucket as the Data warehouse
This page contains instructions on how to deploy Mach5 Search as a fully-functional Google Compute Engine Virtual Machine Instance, using Google Cloud Storage to store your data.
Make sure you have the following before you start with the installation:
- Install the gcloud CLI (see installation details
- Authorize gcloud to access the Cloud Platform with Google user credentials. Run the following command if you haven’t logged in already -
gcloud auth login
- Set up a valid GCP project with Billing enabled (click here to know more about how to set a project with gcloud) -
gcloud config set project PROJECT_ID
- Make sure you have port 8888 available for Mach5 Search
- Make sure the configured user has permissions to -
Run the following command in your terminal and your VM will be up and running in less than 5 minutes -
wget -O - https://storage.googleapis.com/mach5-community/get_mach5_gcp_gcs.sh | bash
After the installation is successfully completed, you will have a Mach5 Search instance running within your Google Cloud Project. Navigate to the http://localhost:8888 to access the Mach5 Search Web UI.
The Mach5 UI has sample datasets and dashboards that you can play around with. Alternatively, you can index your own data and query it using ElasticSearch Compatible APIs available at http://localhost:8888/os/ . The UI also enables you to create Custom Visualizations and Dashboards.
If you're having trouble getting started, please let us know, and we'll guide you through it. You can reach us via