Mach5 Search can be easily deployed as a fully-functional Google Compute Engine Virtual Machine Instance.
This guide provides more information about the different parameters required to generate a
gcloud command to launch the virtual machine using a disk image made available by Mach5.
Service Account Email
Enter the Service Account Email that you wish to use.
- To use an existing Service Account, select one from here.
- To create a new Service Account -
- Go to Google Cloud Service Accounts page.
- Select a Cloud project in the top left corner.
- Enter a service account name to display in the Google Cloud console.
- Configure the following IAM roles -
- Compute Instance Admin (v1)
- Service Account User
- BigQuery Job User
- BigQuery Data Editor
- Click Done to finish creating the service account.
- Use the Service Account Email of the account e.g. SERVICE-ACCOUNT@PROJECT.iam.gserviceaccount.com.
- See Understanding Service Accounts for more information.
Enter the Project ID that you wish to use.
- To use an existing Project ID, select one from here.
- To create a new Project -
- Go to Manage Projects
- On the Select organization drop-down list at the top of the page, select the organization resource in which you want to create a project.
- Click Create Project.
- In the New Project window that appears, enter a project name and select a billing account as applicable.
- When you're finished entering new project details, click Create.
- Use the Project ID.
- See Managing Projects for more information.
Enter the BigQuery Dataset that you wish to use.
- To use an existing Dataset, select one from here.
- To create a new Dataset -
- Go to BigQuery.
- In the Explorer panel, select the project where you want to create the dataset.
- Expand the Actions menu for the Project and click Create dataset.
- Enter a unique Dataset Name.
- For Data location, choose a geographic location for the dataset. After a dataset is created, the location can't be changed.
Note: Please ensure that the dataset is in US or EU region - these are the only regions where indexing is enabled by BigQuery
- Click Create dataset.
- Use the BigQuery Dataset name.
- See Introduction to Datasets for more information.
Specify a Name for your VM. Make sure you follow the Resource naming conventions.